Until such a time as I can persuade them of the superiority of chocolate, here's a vanilla breakfast alternative.
Vanilla berry porridgeServes: 1
- Generous pinch shredded coconut (about 1 tablespoon)
- Scant 1/3 cup rolled oats (you may want more if you have a large appetite in the morning)
- 1 to 1 1/3 cups soymilk, or to desired consistency, I like mine pretty loose
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- a few grains of salt
- Small handful of berries to top
- Mash the banana
- Mix in coconut and oats
- Mix in soymilk.
- Cover with a plate, and microwave for 1 minute, then wander off and do something, turn on the computer, check blog feeds, get dressed or whatever, for about 3-5 minutes.
- Mix thoroughly, then return to microwave, and repeat step 4.
- Stir in vanilla
- Top with strawberries