Roast pumpkin pasta sauceServes: 4-5
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 3 cups mashed roast pumpkin
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 vegetable bullion cube
- ¾ cup soy milk, or to desired consistency
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- I cup walnuts, Crumbled (for garnish)
- 1 packet fettuccine
- Get water boiling, and then prepare fettuccine according to packet directions.
- While waiting for the water to boil, in a medium saucepan, cook onion and garlic until translucent.
- Meanwhile, dry-toast walnuts in a frying pan or in the oven until fragrant (optional but worth it).
- Add pumpkin, bullion cube, soy milk and nutritional yeast, and some freshly ground black pepper. Heat through
- Use an immersion blender to puree. Alternatively, cool, and transfer to a blender.
- Serve atop fettuccine, garnished with walnuts, and some more freshly ground pepper