Teriyaki SauceMakes: Enough sauce for 3-4 servings of stir fry
Adapted from: Oh She Glows
- 4 1/2 tablespoons mirin
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 3 teaspoons raw sugar, or to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced (out of a tube/jar is fine)
- pinch of chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- sesame seeds for garnish
- Mix together cornflour and water in a small dish until smooth, and keep separate.
- Whisk together all the other ingredients in a small-to-medium mixing bowl.
- Set aside, to let the flavours meld, and prepare your stir fry or noodle bowl ingredients.
- Once your stir fry is done, pour in the sauce and bring to the boil
- Re-mix your cornflour, and then add to the sauce and stir through for about 30 seconds or until sauce is thickened, then remove from heat.
- Serve, garnished with sesame seeds.